We founded this firm because we wanted to develop an investment company you could trust to deliver on its promise. One that you could invest with over the long haul to get the true benefits of long-term, high-quality real estate ownership.
We do this for you guided by our Permanent Wealth Architecture and one very important final test.
Our Investment Process
The Safe Space Development investment process is a sequence of focus that we use for every acquisition, and throughout the asset management process:
- Principal Protection – You must be able to trust that what you invest, you’ll also be able to get back. This is investing rule number one: “First, lose no money.”
- Steady Income – Commercial real estate offers returns from multiple sources – income, appreciation, principal pay-down, etc. We do not offer a project to you unless we believe it can provide stable quarterly income.
- Growing Income – As asset managers, it is our goal every month to increase the operating performance of the property. This is reflected in Net Operating Income (NOI) growth. Since most of our projects have non-escalating debt costs, when we improve operations we also improve net cash back to the investors.
- Equity Growth – With growing yields you will also generate equity growth. Combined with the automatic principal pay-down each year you can see how multifamily investing can generate consistent equity growth year-in and year-out.
- The Ability to Accelerate Income/Equity – The fifth and final component of the investment process is taking advantage of equity harvesting over time to create jumps in yield. By using strategic refinancing – or 1031 Exchanges – during sales you can increase your income at higher than normal rates. This is possible because equity invariably grows at a faster net rate than income. Once you have developed a significant enough amount of safe equity in a project, it can be refinanced out (harvested) and redeployed into another asset. You will then have two assets going up in value and generating yield with no incremental investment from you.